SSRC Meeting Minutes February 2012
Feb 2012 Meeting Minutes.
Attendees: Brad, Marla, Norma, Paul, Becky, Jared, Mary Anne, Justin
- Web site training – Mike B. provided the team with training on general use and editing on the web site. The board feels we still need to recruit a web master; post on Facebook. Look for members who might be interested in helping.
- Based on the training Mike gave everyone homework to go out and try to post something, like a race, over the next 7 days.
- Race Directors Meeting – we need to schedule a Race Directors meeting and see if we can get the TPD to attend. It would be very beneficial to have them explain race guidelines and how race’s need to support the required volunteers and course marshals under the TPD plan.
- Newsletter – Brad asked if we were at a point where we should consider making the newsletter electronic. Mail chimp could be us for an electronic format. Becky mentioned that she needs to load past newsletters to the site.
- Picnic on March 28th , history museum, Becky has point. Set up an RSVP by email.
- Club apparel – jackets and singlet’s – can someone take this on. Check with Gribbles. Jared will check. Brad e-mail new members.
- T2a profit - $280 photos, profit – about $3000. Use money in the community to build a water fountain, gov mansion, norma wants to look at a scanner/printer
- Tallgrass sessions - Stride analysis – Tim is sending Brad an email. Post on Web.
- Woodvalley would like to set up a Monday night run from their location.
- T2A review 2012 results and suggested changes
- Busing worked well but need to consider parking
- Finish line – many like the new location. Give plenty of space but we need to change the time people must spend on the finish line (too cold for volunteers to be out there for 4 hours). Some Volunteers didn’t show up.
- Missing crew – Heritage Christian’s aid station group did not come and there was not station available at turn to Auburn. So spectators finally set up the station and manned it.
- Chip timing should be used for races over 350.
- Change logos/ posters/ brochure in 2013 to kick off a new era in the clubs T2A.
- Next meeting: Bakers Dozen 7pm March 11th