SSRC Board Meeting Minutes, July 2011
SSRC Board Meeting, July, 2011
7:00 p.m., Bakers Dozen
Attendees: Brad Rhoden, Marla Rhoden, Norma Weiser, Jared Durall, Mary Anne Durall, Becky
Arensdorf, Justin Chockley, Bryan Jobo
Chip timing system:
The Governors Cup will be time with MyLap chips this year. The board and any interested club members
can assist with set up and monitoring the race. My laps is providing the bib tags. We have an opportunity
this summer to see a few other races that are scorded with the software if we want. Look at run-Wichita
To move forward we need to assemble a list of everything (in addition to the timeing system) that is
needed to effecticvely set up a chip timing system in Topeka. We will also need to develop Guidelines on
the cost for using the system in a race and who will help with set up / tear down etc.
Norma downloaded new race software under a 30 day trial offer. Same cost as yearly upgrade for race
Governors Cup supply list
- Three big tables
One fold up table
2 pop ups
Jugs and coolers
Cone rails- to create a Shute
Transition of Treasurer:
Brad and Justin completed the update but by making the change only Brad and Justin will have access
to the account as they voided the old signature card to put Justin on the account. Miscellaneous receipts
were provided to Justin. Justin is still looking to get some time with Hunter.
If anyone makes a purchase on behalf of the club notify Justin so he can keep the bank statement up to
date. We have approximately $12,000 in the account.
Next running in Topeka meeting:
Determine if we can have the meeting at Washburn again. MA to validate with Paul. Need topics and
content of meeting. Send out a save the date.
Labor your legs:
We have the facility.
Becky has the lead.
Promote on news letter and web. Breakfast and fun run. We had a number of door prizes last year.
Should we try that again? Send Bryan any details that need to be updated for the web and he will update
last year’s sight.
Minor changes were made and Norma now has an electronic copy that can be help on the timing PC and
printed off at the races.
Get the self inking stamp to Norma.
Becky will get stickers for passports and additional passports.
Develop a Race director link on web site
Set up membership list on site for race directors. It would need to be the version we send to vendors
so that we don’t release anyone’s personal information. Develop tools like instructions for participants,
generic registration forms, etc.that new event or race directors could use. Additional items discussed
include - info on bib timing, calendar of events.
Bryan is working on web and getting domain access.
Brad would like to see if club email can get sent to Bryan and Brad.
August edition coming up, we should list out board members and contact information. Discussed adding a
birthday list and the need for articles at end of month need someone to take on the Focus on Youth.
Topeka to auburn-need to start planning:
Update the information on the cost of the race. Jared had an idea to do an award frame with a spot for
pictures and mail pictures later. Jared will contact Dick Ross and see what he can do. See what cost of
frame might be.frames 5x7. Western resources.com (hey have logo). Medals are still a go.
MA and Bryan can put together a template on what it might look like and bring it back to the group.
Next meeting will be at Iliff Commons August 14th. 5pm.