Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools
Log in
You are here: Home minutes 2011 January 9, 2011

January 9, 2011

Sunflower Striders Board Meeting Minutes

 

January 2011 Meeting Minutes.

Attendees: Paul, Jared, Norma, Brad, Marla, Mary Anne, Becky, Hunter

 

 

The meetings focus was on preparation and remaining activities for the Topeka to Auburn Event but a few general topics were discussed:

 

T2A General updates:

 

  • Dick Ross asked that we put his logo on our site

  • Packet pick up Friday 5-7at Fairlawn

    • Pickup at brads Thursday

    • Access to building at 4:30

    • Inside the location where the cake and candy store was. Randy and Mike Corkwin has it set Becky confirmed this past week

    • Fairlawn will open it at 8 am Saturday

    • Asked for 14 tables and 16 chairs will ask for extra chairs

    • Fee is up to $45

    • If we take checks get a phone number

    • Packets are in numeric order – need an alpha list

    • Men get large socks women get medium

    • Volunteer check in is at a separate booth

      • Have 43 vests for course marshals as well as finish line people

      • 1 person at each aid stations should have one (4-6)

    • Race registration is at 9am

      • Norma needs parade permit and will collect money

      • Get Vivian and team to clean up Fairlawn and get items to finish line

  • Can drop off supplies at Fairlawn Friday night

  • Water for finish

    • Bananas at finish to school with pretzels

    • 6 gallons of OJ to school

    • Bring GA and tables by stop sign with the coolers to keep at room temp

    • Washburn kids will take care of it

 

  • Set up bag drop table at west doors.

  • Brad found a bunch of old finish line bags

  • Kenny and Lana will transport

  • Allen Simon will control parking on the west side of the building

  • Clarence will be Sag

  • Make sure runners get the correct size shirts – XS are really xl youth

  • Order Port a Potties – even if we have to give to out of town service. – NW corner by dumpster

 

  • Brad would like to meet Dane and other gentleman who will help. Dane will bring some items and Norma will bring first aid kits. Add John to the contact list

 

  • Normal will have Scott get the clock to finish line. Nick and Scott will assist with the finish line. Mitch Gross will bring out the finish line structure. At min we need cones and finish chute bring pop-ups

 

  • Last bus will leave at 10:30. Paul has all signs and list of volunteers

 

  • Results – loosely written instructions and procedures…. Need to forward copies to MARA and post to web site. Paul will help post on Sat.

 

  • Awards ceremony at 2pm – Brad will announce

  • Some one will need to help handing out awards and passports- good time to stamp

  • Brad talked to Garry in Lawrence for certificates – 25% this time and 20% in future because club members get the award and the 20% for being members. Went with 75, 50, 25.Overall get entry waived next year.

 

  • Send thank you cards to sponsors (Becky - need List)

 

 

Passports:

 

  • Order self stamping stamps

  • Jared and Becky need to make sure the passports get stamped

  • Becky will make a sign

 

General Club Business:

 

  • Membership Acknowledgements – welcome letters Jared and Mary Anne can get the letters and passports out.

  • Go back to new members as at 12/2010 and send

  • Update renewal form with section for employer information

 

 

  • Brad nominates Jared to be the Vice President – second Norma – passed.

 

  • Hunter is looking for someone to take on Treasurer role although he will continue to help and participate

  • Need to add MA a card and add to signature card to help with Treasurer Transition

 

 

  • Picnic fun run – March or early spring – March 30th – Catered meal

 

  • Jan 22 Google run

  • Polar Plunge timing

  • Web site – needs work

 

  • Hunter working with Ben Holmes on some trail running initiatives. Beginners run on Shunga trails, rock creek,

 

  • Expand meetings to include others like Gribbles, Ben, and Tony

 

 

  • Spotlight and profiles for the news letters – Feb 1st spotlight.

 

  • Remember to discuss Let’s Help at next meeting

 

 

Next meeting to the 6th of February 5pm Pizzagles

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Members

Karin Kingsley

Todd & Brandi Gaddis

Jacob & Sheena Schmidtlein

Dan Lara

« April 2014 »
April
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930
Upcoming Events
Boston Marathon Apr 21, 2014 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Uncorked 100K 4-person relay Apr 26, 2014 07:00 AM - 07:00 PM — Mount Pleasant Estates 5634 High Street Augusta, Missouri 63332
Active Water 5K and 1 Mile Run/ Walk Apr 26, 2014 07:30 AM - 10:30 AM — Rossville Grade School 312 Pottawatomie St , Rossville , KS
Run for Ronald 5K Walk/Run Apr 26, 2014 08:00 AM - 11:00 AM — Lake Shawnee Shelter #1 & 2, 3137 SE 29th St, Topeka, Kansas
Bridge2Bridge 5K Run/Walk Apr 26, 2014 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM — 515 S. Kansas Avenue, Topeka, KS
Upcoming events…