July 7, 2010
July 7, 2010 Meeting Minutes.
Attendees: Marla, Brad, John, Becky, Kevin, Jared, Maryanne, Paul, Norma,
Discussion on Labor your legs:
- Prep and access Becky will see if we can get in early.
- Becky and Hunter found a route to get water station in.
- Becky will also get poster out.
- Paul will bring cones
- Promotion of event. Brad will have Charles add to web, use news letter, local news, and posters.
- Capture contact info this year.
- Door prizes.
- Running related.
- Everyone should work on this.
- Anyone have access to griddles?
- Should we do quiche/ bagels and fruit.
Race event updates:
- State Games
- Govenors Cup need a few volunteers
- Iliff Cross country have enough volunteers
- Big Shunga
- Let's Help Kaw River Run
- Florence Crittenton Lake Shawnee
- Shawnee North
- Topeka to Auburn -
- Investigate using raceit. Brad will call to work out details.
- Finalize form by September.
- Topeka to auburn shirts - tabled to next meeting.
- Wellness fair share table with Washburn running club
- Add student section to flyer
- Add club promotion for 2010
- Club broucher - give a way: membership or Topeka to Auburn
- Memberships - missing addresses still an issue. Dr Edwards sent a new address.
- Brad asked Becky, Mary Anne, Norma to work with Hunter to update membership list. Complete before next mailing.
- Debbie would like to step down. Need Secretary. Brad asked Mary Anne to consider the position. Jared second it. Accepted.
- Web domain needs to be renewed in October.
- News letter dead line is approaching. Need Articles. Jared discussed a new theme called Focus on Youth to highlight local youth involved in running; Find someone to write about tinman. Volunteers and racer.
- Need to get minutes posted on Web
- Renewal - brainstorm
- ideas on what we can do to promote
- timing of renewal with T2A
- Next meeting is August 8th at Bakers Dozen